Sunday, October 10, 2010

Welcome to my Basement


This is a somewhat usual setup. I have multiple inputs going through a DD-7 digital delay, a FZ-3 Fuzz, ME-30 Multi Effects pedal (the one I'm hitting the most in this video), DD-6 Digital delay, and Pulsar Tremolo.
The inputs are a microphone, which is only adding flavor in this piece; a "FeedbacK headset" which is just this earphone/microphone jawn that I spliced the signal of, so the mic is feeding into the pedals through the "Right" channel of the mixer (so I can turn it on and off by switching the mixer from mono to stereo), and the earphones are sourced from the tremolo's second outplug; and a radio on a string.
The main tones in this piece are coming from cranking the feedback of the delay at a high speed so it generates analog electronic tones, much like how a synth operates. By analog, I mean it is creating a real pitch by sending a signal at the frequency of audible sound. Admittedly, at the end of this video, the sound is lower than the recording microphone could pick up. But you can feel it, can't you? It's there, affecting the other pitches.
This is what I do whenever I can, look at me!

1 comment:

  1. See how danceable this is? I am wiggling like a madwoman!

    Just jiggle with me,

    Jiggle with me now.

    There's the beat! There's that rhythm!

    Bob your heads (ok?) Side to side (like this!)

    ReplyDelete